DC United training camp begins Jan. 29 in Washington, DC. After a week there, it will travel on Feb. 5 to Bradenton for two weeks of training and friendlies as it prepares for the CONCACAF Champions Cup and the MLS regular season.
The club’s preseason is set through Mar. 1, but the rest of the preseason schedule depends on how it does against CD Olimpia of Honduras in the Champions Cup on Feb. 21 (at CD Olimpia) and Mar. 1 at RFK Stadium.
The MLS regular season begins with a Apr. 7 match at Colorado and the Rapids’ new stadium — Dick’s Sporting Goods Park — before the home opener against Kansas City Apr. 14 (7:30 p.m., RFK Stadium).
While in Bradenton, members of the first team will play a host of games.
DC United 2007 Preseason Schedule (all times EST)
- Monday, January 29 – Sunday, February 4: Training in Washington, DC
- Monday, February 5: Depart for Bradenton, FL
- Tuesday, February 6: Match v. Odense Boldklub (4 p.m.)
- Friday, February 9: Reserve match v. New York (10 a.m.)
- Sunday, February 11: Match v. Columbus, reserves and senior team (10 a.m.)
- Wednesday, February 14: Match v. New York (10 a.m.
- Sunday, February 18: Match v. Kansas City (10 a.m.)
- Monday, February 19: Depart Bradenton for Honduras
- Wednesday, February 21: CONCACAF Champions’ Cup match @ CD Olimpia (9 p.m.)
- Thursday, February 22: Return to Washington, DC
- Friday, February 23 – Wednesday, February 28: Training in Washington, DC
- Thursday, March 1: CONCACAF Champions’ Cup match v. CD Olimpia (7 p.m.)